[tmtranscripts] SPOKANE TEACHER BASE 11/25/00

ZooidODell at aol.com ZooidODell at aol.com
Sun Nov 26 14:13:14 PST 2000

DATE: 11-25-00
PLACE: Spokane, WA, USA
TEACHERS: Aaron and Paulo
TOPIC: Rebellion:  Patience; Indulgence
T/R: Gerdean

AARON: Good evening, everybody.  It's Aaron here on schedule.  How's
everybody today?
GINNY: Good.

AARON: I think we're going to have to change this billing from a lecture or
seminar to lab.  Your involvement this afternoon has been most satisfying;
your homework assignments have certainly fulfilled our expectations and
beyond.  You're obviously in such confidence of yourselves and each other
that you can freely express yourselves in delving of the soul's assessment in
your associations -- one of the advantages of fellowship.  What will be
required from you, in order to have these kinds of meaningful exchanges
wherein you can find those nuggets of soulful exchange that develop your
understanding, your group wisdom, your individual skills in promoting greater
reality, is PATIENCE.

There is not much said about patience but patience is a masterful attitude to
cultivate.  Have patience with your own stumbling over words to be able to
express your thoughts and feelings.  Be patient with those who thoughtlessly
choose the word that will bring out your rebellious nature.  Have patience
with the circumstances and realize that many moments may be just for
reflection and not for action.  The "pregnant pause" reveals patience as a
literary form.

Your culture does not have much patience with much of anything.  You are all
in a big hurry to see and be seen, to hear and be heard, to be acknowledged
and accredited your wisdom, your cleverness, your observations, your
intelligence.  You have all got wonderful personalities, eager to express
your attitudes and opinions, and the more patience you can cultivate the more
impact your impressions will be able to make because your sense of timing
will be developed.  You will be able to let much of the banter and chatter,
background noises of humanity, pass on by before making your point on behalf
of the bigger picture.

The importance of patience goes beyond manners.  My recollection is of a
prayer which speaks thus: "God, have patience with us as we are patient with
our children."  Let's take a look at that patience quality, in particular the
kind of patience that panders to immaturity.  (I'm remarking here because
this is, as you know, a continuation of our session last week which was one
of those on-going lessons about rebellion.  We are pursuing our case against
defying God's plan.)  Paulo, perhaps you could help me with this part.

PAULO: What part?  The part about Our Father's attitude regarding His
children?  Are we making a comparative analysis now between Our Father's
behavior toward His children and human attitudes regarding the behavior of
their children?  Yes, we are.  Because we do not want to contribute to
delinquency.  What would contribute to delinquency, Paulo?  Unbridled
patience.

THOROAH: That's almost an oxymoron.

PAULO: The referral here is to those who empathize so conscientiously with
the imperfections of their immature offspring and thus enable immature
behavior, actually stepping down from what they know to be righteous and
good, in order to pander to the immature.

There is another exercise, in fact, for you to think about and look at.

You have a tendency, most of you, to see imperfection and let it go.  You
gloss over it, as if to say, "It's none of my business."  You think that by
not calling attention to error, you are in some way defusing it's power.  But
you would do well to question, "What do you mean by that?"  It helps draw out
reality.  Whether that is a lesser reality or a greater reality ought not
matter, for what you are doing is seeking greater understanding.

In the assessment, then, of the understanding, based on your communication,
you can come to an agreement or a disagreement as to what has been discussed;
thus you have acknowledged its potential, it's potential influence and
impact, and you can, if necessary, act accordingly - even if it only is to
ignore, or to acknowledge in support of, or to pray for divine intervention
therein.

By being polite, sometimes you indulge promiscuity, when you know full well
that all children respond well to the loving guidance and limitations that
are imposed by the moral stance of one whose mind is fixed on God.

I regret our affected language.  If it were in my power to be able to become
the transmitter, perhaps I could gather up enough informal language usage,
idioms, and so forth, to make it more palatable to those of you who find our
language stilted and difficult to follow.  But I cannot, and thus I will
require you to rise up in your patience with these intermediary circumstances
which allow for us to help you in your launch toward better lives.

Did I say there was anything wrong with the life you have now?  No.  A
striving for perfection denotes degrees of fulfillment.  Does not connote
that you are inadequate.  Being lowly is not "less than" it is "beginning at
the beginning".  There are perhaps questions?

GINNY: I don't have any questions.  I thank you for volunteering your
services to help us.

PAULO: You are very kind indeed to remark as to my volunteer status.  Yes,
those who volunteer to serve are well rewarded when their efforts are
acknowledged.  What is peculiar is that so many of you are so good at doing
so many kindnesses for so many people, and so much of your goodness is
unacknowledged, and if your goodness was to be more often acknowledged,
instead of being ignored or argued with, it would perhaps bring about such
spiritual fragrance as to induce cooperation rather than competition or
rebellion.

Love (inadequate word as it is) is our Creator's essence, and to reflect the
essence of all that we wish to become, all that we worship and adore, it is a
reasonable practice for us to undertake even now to begin to understand, to
comprehend what love is and how it may be utilized to further truth, beauty
and goodness, to advance humanity, to tend to the nurturance of Mother' Earth
and all Her inhabitants, to rise to the challenge of new experiences that
will further our assessment of reality such that the soul itself can be
involved, becoming a part of the Supreme, being indeed the child of the
Supreme in your own bosom with Christ.

Yield to the power of love.  Be patient with one another without being
indulgent.

I will take a break for a while from my theme.  Perhaps Tomas can be on the
platform next week.  Be of good cheer.  Be at peace.  Be all that you can be.

Good evening.