[tmtranscripts] Viruses

Bill Kelly billk at ida.net
Tue Apr 3 16:46:55 PDT 2001

Hi folks,

The latest Pocatello Transcript caused some concern that it may have had a
virus.  I ran a check on 81,175 files on my hard drive and found two
"infections".  These are listed below

C:\INTERNET\EUDORA\Attach\AnnaKournikova.jpg.vbs - VBS.VBSWG.Generic worm.
Deleted.
C:\WINDOWS\AnnaKournikova.jpg.vbs - VBS.VBSWG.Generic worm.  Deleted.

I use the inoculatel T Personal Edition anti-virus program which found
these.  As you can see they are deleted from my computer as of now.  So, I
think my computer is clean.  Actually, I don't see how they could have
gotten in that last mailing, but then, I don't know how these viruses work.
 Maybe they did.  So, these are the infected files that I found.  I hope
this will help.

Regards,

Bill Kelly