[tmtranscripts] Pocatello transcript 5-18-01

Bill Kelly billk at ida.net
Thu May 24 20:00:59 PDT 2001

POCATELLO TeaM
May 18, 2001

Opening prayer was by Klarixiska, but it was not recorded.

Minearsia (Bill): This is Minearsia, your instructor in residence.
Greetings my friends on this fine spring evening.  Your humanity is clearly
expressed in both your diverse viewpoints and your compassion for each
other for, indeed, this is the essence of being mortal--limitations of
understanding and yet an ever expanding compassionate viewpoint.  I speak,
of course, of spiritualized mortals, not those who are living merely at
animal levels.  The universe is very diverse, my friends, and differences
of opinion are not merely a mortal experience, for these honest viewpoints
from different perspectives will continue throughout your universe career.
Truth is only relatively complete, short of Paradise, and depends upon the
situation and circumstance of its unfoldment.  The largest cause of
disagreement among people is due to a different history and heredity, which
interacts with a given situation.

Remember that you need to resist the natural urge to all be in agreement,
and allow for the democracy of truth among yourselves.  The Master himself
became rather agitated when he was consulted as to what would be the best
method of uniting the viewpoints of his Apostles.  He was taken aback by
the intensity of their need to all subscribe to the same understanding of
events and situations.  He said, "When did I ever teach you that you must
see alike?"  However he did indicate that there was unity in values and
goals.  I am sure you have all pondered these things before.  So do not
feel that you have to try to reach a consensus viewpoint when you have
honest disagreements.  What you need to be sure of is that you all have the
same goals—to become like God and to, day by day, become more in alignment
with His will for yourselves.

As to whether or not you should pursue a relationship with Rob Crickett is
a matter for each of you in your own hearts to determine.  You cannot
represent another person.  It is somewhat of a fallacy in your culture when
it is construed that individuals represent groups.  In politics yes, but in
terms of points of view no.  Each one has his own point-of-view.  Your
group here, assembled in part, has no official rules or policies, which
would make it possible for anyone of you to speak in behalf of the rest.
In fact, we foster this individuality in the Teaching Mission because it
proves that Light and Life will come upon this planet one person at a time.
 It will not be legislated by any group or individual representing other
individuals.

I believe I wish to stop at this point, and ask you if you wish to interact
with your comments.  Questions or comments at this time?

Virginia: I do thank you for those words, and they ring true for me.  That
reminded me of the paper on religion [in the Urantia Book], and the fact
that, even though our outward stances on religion or spirituality are
similar, yet everyone is unique and different in their relationship to the
Father.  And I am sure that this is part of the diversity that you reminded
us of.

Minearsia (Bill): Yes, indeed, Letah.  The papers do stress this theme in
many different coverings or garments.  In fact the gospel that Jesus
preached and the lessons that Daniel has been giving on self-esteem are all
connected to this unique, personal, son-daughter relationship to the God
that is Father, thereby constituting each of us as individuals of supreme
worth.  It is the amazing work of God the Supreme, and the Almighty
Supreme, as those two aspects of the Supreme Being are blending and
merging, that all the diversities which are manifest in the universes shall
not blend into one neutral gray, but be resplendent like a brilliant crown
of jewels, each jewel showing its beauty, as it is associated with the
others.  Each of you and we celestial beings are all unique.  No two
persons are the same in the universe, but we all strive for the same
goal—to ever increase our spiritual growth and intellectual understanding
in ever deepening love for one another.  Are there any other questions for
comments?

LaReen:  I was not going to say anything.   I mess it up.  But is there
something to the fact that if you are dealing with someone who is not of
right mind, I know we are all sons and daughters of the one God, but is
there a disclaimer in there somewhere for someone who is not of right mind?

Minearsia (Bill): Yes, my dear.  There is a distinction between those of
normal mind and those whose minds are not normal.  It is not your job,
however, to make judgements about such things, but it is your job to make
discernments.  I refer here to the difference which these two words signify
that was discussed in the lesson two weeks ago.  Judgements would suggest
that it is not your business to condemn, but discernment would say that it
is your business to discern the difference.  Jesus was once asked by his
devoted Indian pupil [Ganid by name in the Urantia Book] what he would do
if he was attacked by another human being.  And he said that it would
depend upon whether that human being was a son of God or was only of animal
status.  If that human being was only of animal status he would defend
himself.  If he was attacked by another son of God he would do his best not
to defend himself.

To be ‘wise and serpents and harmless as doves' is this issue, for if you
allow those who would tread upon you and take away your freedoms, possibly
even your life, who disregard spiritual matters, who laugh at goodness and
despise morality, if you allow these kinds of people to take away your
freedoms, you are making a great mistake.  Jesus did not approve of being a
doormat.  He did not say that the idealists should allow the disciples of
violence to stamp them out with force.  He did not, however, advocate that
your tool was to use violence in return, but to overcome evil with good.
It is a very difficult area.  The Urantia book does qualify the business of
normal mindedness.

But you must regard everyone with their sonship status unless you have
clear evidence that such a one either does not have enough intelligence,
has no sense of right or wrong, and therefor no preparation for the Thought
Adjuster's presence and the Adjutant Spirits of wisdom and worship; for
there can be no Adjuster presence in the mind of one who has no morality.
You can study this in the book if you wish, in fact, I recommend that you
do so.  Have I given you any assistance?

LaReen: Very much so.

Virginia: Minearsia, that certainly raises an issue with me.  Jesus,
Michael, has the ability to recognize whether one was just of animal
status, but I would never give myself that kind of ability—to know whether
I should defend myself or not.  Do you just go away?  It that in a sense
defending yourself?  [Laugher.]  I don't know.

Minearsia (Bill): Of course you do not have the ability to do what the
Master Son did, nor does anyone in this room have that ability.  But there
are criteria in your culture for determining criminal mental illness.
There are experts who make those determinations everyday.  There are people
who are expert enough to determine severe retardation, so it is not
something that cannot be done at least to some degree by those with the
proper skills.  But you see that for the most part we are talking about the
exception to the rule, and the rule is that you should look upon everyone
that you meet as normal  until you have at least substantial reason to
doubt their sonship or daughtership status.  This is a difficult subject
for this TR.  It is an emotional issue for him as well.  Have we dwelt long
enough on this question?  (Comments were in the affirmative.)  Very well, I
wish to now step aside and allow our next speaker.

Daniel (Bill): I am Daniel.  Good evening my good friends.  You are a
loving family, and within families there are ups and downs which occur.
The family of God is of such a nature that disagreements do not rupture the
family goals.  The oil of generosity and mercy overcomes the chafing of the
wounds which result  from ego bruising.  Yes, most of the anger which
occurs in disagreements is the result of hurt pride.  It is the ego's
feeling of importance which tends to take disagreement as rejection, rather
than what it really is, a simple disagreement.  When your feelings are hurt
it is because your ego has been bruised, and you have concluded that
someone else does not properly respect or love you.  Such assumptions are
almost always wrong and it is yourjob, my children, my little brothers and
sisters, to grow up in spiritual maturity to the point where you can let
the ego's hurt feelings go by the wayside.  There is great merit in
unemotional, dispassionate discussion of differences of opinion, for if you
can disengage from the ego and its pride and allow yourselves to think
clearly, then you can learn a great deal from another person who does not
share your point of view.
The history of Christianity is the history of the failure of Christians to
transcend their differences of opinion and remain unified.  The splintering
of Christianity is its greatest criticism, for it inherently attacks its
greatest claim—to be the body of Christ.  In the kingdom of heaven each
kingdom believer is united with every other kingdom believer, not with
membership in an organization, but by the common allegiance, a common goal,
and the same highest values.  Yes, you are, all of you, part of the kingdom
of heaven on planet Urantia, and there are untold millions and millions of
others who are conscious of this same allegiance.  Whether they call
themselves by organizational names, e.g.. LDS, or Presbyterian, or Roman
Catholic, or Buddhist, or Hindu, or Shinto, or so forth, all who desire to
do the right thing, who desire to love their neighbor, who follow truth,
who desire to know God, are your kingdom brothers and sisters.

This evening I had intended to expound further on service.  The situation
that preluded this TR session required us to shift gears.  Therefor I will
say little about what I intended to say much about this evening, but I will
promise you more in the future.  The little I will say is this: you serve
one another when you listen to one another.  You serve one another when you
accept another person even when you don't agree with him.  You serve one
another when you meet the smallest of needs cheerfully and willingly.  You
have been serving one another this evening and I'm pleased to be in your
midst.  Let us conclude our evening and join hands once more.

(Prayer by an unknown being who was later identified as the Magisterial
Son.  Bob S was the TR.)

Let us be in prayer.  To those who created the universe and all its
complexities and differences: allow these our younger brothers and sisters
to deal with their differences in ways which will show their love for one
another and their Creator Father, for he, through his Master Son and Mother
Spirit, created all the mortals on this planet and the others in their
diversity.  Help us all to rise above our differences to see that which
really matters—that we are all sons and daughters of the living God, and as
such our future is assured.  We would speak to those who struggle, for
life, physical existence, is a time of struggle, of growth, of learning, of
experience, of maturing, and hence of mistakes.  We pray your strength and
courage and wisdom will be with us all as we seek to further our own lives
where ever they may lie, for that is our purpose—to become the person God
created.  Amen.