[tmtranscripts] Canossian Registration Information

Gerdean gerdean at cableone.net
Thu Nov 24 19:36:21 PST 2005

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

for the

SOUTHWEST

TEACHING MISSION RETREAT

& FAMILY REUNION

at the

CANOSSIAN SPIRITUALITY CENTER

In the

South Valley of Albuquerque, New Mexico

February (23) 24-26, 2006

Canossian Retreat Center : http://www.retreatsonline.com/usa/newmexico/canossian.htm

The site describes their history, their services, their facilities and the fees they charge; however, in the interest of simplicity and democracy, we have rounded it up to basically $75.00 per day per person, which includes everything: shuttle to and from the airport, transcripts of the sessions, registration, meals, lodging and almost unlimited use of the facilities. [Do we need TV/VCR, Flip Chart, Lectern, Mike at Lectern, Clip-on Mike, Tape/CD Player? They are available, as is a modem, but no PC.]

You are also welcome to peruse last year's SW TeaM R&R Scrap Book slide show featured at http://www.lightandlife.com/new/teaching_mission/2005abq_retreat.htm, which includes photos of the Center and the attendees, as well as transcripts of T/R sessions, show & tell presentations, and story-telling of our lives.

Based on the premise "build it, and they will come," we have reserved the Center from 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 23, 2006, through 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 26, 2006. Thursday evening would be earmarked for spiritual focusing; Friday for business and organization. It is our tradition to allow our supernal guides and celestial overseers to have a hand in these planning stages, so nothing is set in stone but the place and dates, and even the dates can be extended if there is a call for it. If there is something you specifically want to "show and tell" -- or direct or reveal or transmit or sing or play or share, let us know so it can be worked into the developing agenda.

Use of the chapel, the dining room and the Map room (situated as an open space in the east corridor), as well as the grounds and walkways outdoors are free and available 24/7. We will pay for the use of the library ($75 per day) and the conference room ($150 per day) effective Friday afternoon (and these expenses are absorbed in the registration fee).

As far as rooms, there are 3 singles without bath; 7 singles with a bath; 4 twin bed setups with a bath; and 9 rooms without their own bathroom that can accommodate two people each, for a grand total possible at Canossian of 36 people. Those who require a private bath should speak up quickly! There is a laundry facility and gracious common bath and shower areas. The rooms are all large and commodious; there are no stairs to deal with; the south valley setting is secure and quiet. Delicious, nutritious, home cooked meals are prepared by the cooking staff and are served promptly in the dining room mornings, noon and night. In addition, coffee, tea, fruit and other oddities of hospitality are available. It is truly a five-star situation.

Remembering that "Renewal allows one to . Reactivate, Readjust, Realign, Reaffirm, Rearrange, Reassign, Reassure, Reawaken, Recapture, Recharge, Reconnect, Recuperate, Rededicate, Redefine, Rediscover, Refine, Reform, Regenerate, Reinforce, Reinterpret, Rejuvenate, Rekindle, Relearn, Remake, Remotivate, Reorganize, Restore, Revitalize, and Revive their Attitude, Beliefs, Dedication, Determination, Hope, Faith, Relationship, Friendship, Love. Everything in fact, that has Real Lasting Value in Life." (Coined by Pastor Daniel of the Church Within) . we welcome you to Retreat with us at Canossian.

Call (505) 896-9561 or send an email to facilitator Gerdean at Cableone.net, specifying what kind of room (and roommate) you have in mind and any special dietary needs, then prepare a non-refundable good faith deposit in the amount of $75 (per person), earmarked TeaM, and mail it to Gerdean Bowen at 617 East Lake Court, Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124. If you would like to pay by credit/debit card, go to ALL's website at www.lightandlife.us and click on the donations link, putting New Mexico TeaM Retreat in the memo space, so it gets credited to the proper place.

Deadline for the good faith deposit is January 23, 2006, but do not delay. Space is limited at Canossian, and while alternative locations may be gotten, you definitely want to be on site if at all possible. The balance due will be payable at the time of Registration, at check-in, at the time of your arrival at Canossian. (Be sure and let us know your arrival times and flight information.)

Bienvenidos, Amigos, y Vaya Con Dios!