[tmtranscripts] unity and unconditional love

Bob Devine bobdevine at onewest.net
Fri Sep 22 13:32:23 PDT 2006

* Unity in a group requires a willingness to see others from the perspective that they are motivated by a desire to do good. Many other factors work themselves in here, and discerning minds are required to recognize the motives of individuals, but yet even a recognition of activity that is not consistent with God's reality should not be cause to dismiss the reality that inherent within that being lies the potential to do good, a personality capable of reflecting the beauty of God, who has a Divine Spirit within. It is a balancing effort to utilize the discerning mind and the childlike acceptance at the same time. We recognize that your capability to answer these questions for yourself hinges upon your willingness, capability, and desire to engage with your Indwelling Spirit to formulate responsive efforts to your environment. We will not circumvent this relationship that the individual has with the Divine to offer our direct advice to tell you what it is that you should do in any particular given circumstance. It is not our commission to direct you specifically in any instance as to what you should do. You have free will choice. It is simply our hope that in choosing, you will utilize the power of unconditional love when attempting to discern the best course of action.

Cathy: The love I have for my children is much more unconditional than what I have for everyone else. Do you have any insights on how to expand and extend that feeling toward others?