[tmtranscripts] For Bob Devine/ Final thoughts/ Goodbye

CPShiloh at aol.com CPShiloh at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 16:10:49 PST 2005

For Bob...Final thoughts...New beginnings...

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
>From God, who is our home:

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;

In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

Thanks to the human heart by which we live,
Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears,
To me the meanest flower that blows can give
Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears.

Love to you
In His Grace
Christina

Posted By: devine on Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:25:33 AM Subject:
Final thoughts / Goodbye Message: One does not have to be a listop to
point out the truth or to ask questions. Is this actually about power? Perhaps
me challenging perceived authority? Remember that the listops serve the list,
not the other way around.

And yet I do have site administrator privileges, along with Russ, who gave
them to me a while ago, which allowed us the ability to investigate
allegations, and find a little more truth. And when I reported it to the listops on one
list of a larger overall site, I get chastised and the truth found out gets
ignored.

Steffani when you tell me I'm not a listop, you are quite correct. Now look
in the mirror and say that again. Ask yourself why you need to respond to
every single post that makes any reference to the issue of the Rob Reno
situation with a defense.

What I realized this morning, is that tml, as a living room, is doomed to
fail. If just being together, hanging out, and chatting is the point, at some
point when we get bored or have nothing to say, we will begin to point out
what we don't like about someone else, and their ideas and then likewise and so
on.

The lists that are functional, from what I see, are those where it is the
goals, rather than the beliefs which are the purpose.

When Jesus held the remembrance supper he said that he didn't call people
together to just be together, but to actually do something. And I think therein
lies the challenge and part of the problem.

The other problem is fear. What someone will take from us that we hold dear
or diminish in us. When this is the motivation for our actions, the outcome
can never be all that enlightened.

My fear has been that some here would take the last vestiges of dignity from
this list by making decisions for it without the facts and to thereby remove
people whom they fear... much like the country did after 9/11.

John Stephan and Rob Reno have been removed, without any warning privately
from what I understand. The fear expressed was that they would corrupt us all
and divide us. We've done a pretty good job of that ourselves with no help
from them now, haven't we?

The charge was that they were the same person, and that they were spreading
deceit, though one couldn't point to a particular post and say this was the
problem, nor could one show anyone the "smoking gun" of evidence.

The others (motajohn, peace.julia, roberta reno) were already signed off the
list, from what I've been told, but they wouldn't be allowed back on. And
now we're screening everyone that comes in to make sure they're okay.

My concern has been with a process that isn't in alignment with the list
guidelines. It's not because I don't love Steffani or Oliver or others who were
involved, nor is it because I like Rob Reno. I very much do love these
people, and probably wouldn't have felt so strong about trying to correct it off
the list first, if I didn't feel this way about them. My feeling is that people
have overstepped their authority on this and elevated assumption to fact and
ignored facts in favor of assumptions.

Perhaps even metaphorically acting out of a desire to "not let the smoking
gun come in the form of a mushroom cloud." A desire to protect, but
nonetheless coming out of fear and not centered in the facts.

To the extent that I acted out of fear in response to my perceptions, I
apologize.

And with that, I say goodbye, for this list no longer serves for me what I
joined it to do. I hope to work with various numbers of you in areas and
places where we can work on goals and purposes together, rather than centering
around beliefs.

Much love to you,
Bob